- Qualified candidates should apply in writing to or lodge their applications at the address shown below, enclosing Application letter showing how they meet the requirements of the position;
- An up-to-date Curriculum Vitae;
- Contacts stating name in full, physical address, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of the candidate;
- Certified copies of relevant certificates Names and full contacts of three (3) referees.
Offer ended on August 16, 2019
The Jobholder reports to the Managing Director’s Office. He/She is responsible for facilitating the development and implementation of sound risk management practices and technologies for the bank and in collaboration with business units and other specialists, partnering with them in identifying best practices and gaps controls. He/She carries out risk assessment of new processes and procedures as well as of products and services, and provides policy recommendations based on findings. He/She coordinates the bank’s compliance function in liaison with the Legal Services Division and other business units.
- To develop a sound long term strategic direction and implementation plan for the bank’s risk policies.
- To manage and review the adequacy of risk analysis processes, risk ratings and stress testing as part of Credit and Investment Risk processes.
- To provide mechanisms for the bank’s compliance with risk capital allocation subject to regulatory requirements.
- To ensure that the bank is in compliance with all the applicable internal policies and procedures as well as external legal and regulatory requirements.
- To prepare, review risk management reports and ensure limit excesses, exceptions and non-compliances are promptly addressed.
- To review credit reports prepared by the Credit Risk Officer and make appropriate recommendations where a product is leading to higher losses and prepare early warning reports.
- To coach, mentor and develop junior risk specialists and ensure consistent application and interpretation of risk policies by all the bank’s staff.
- To review adequacy and appropriateness of the information used in the evaluation of the customer credit applications done by the relevant Credit Officer.
- To ensure continuous improvement of the Management Information System and reports (related specifically to Credit risk but also to other risks) to ensure they remain relevant, reflect credit/other risk appetite and are useful to provide the management with information for use in decision making.
- To monitor, report and provide recommendations on the bank’s credit and business governance standards.
- To develop and revise risk requirements documentation for various aspects of strategic solutions.
- To review and approve products/services programmes and ensure all risk requirements are met before rollout of the products or services.
- To identify and investigate the root causes of errors/frauds and provide recommendations on solutions and follow-ups.
- To carry out any other duties assigned by the Managing Director from time to time.
- Master’s Degree/Postgraduate qualifications in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Accounts, Insurance, Banking or related discipline;
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience of which 4 must be at a senior position in a Risk and Compliance department;Risk management certifications.
- Leadership, motivation and people management skills.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and report writing skills.
- Computer skills.
Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank Limited is an equal opportunity employer. The bank offers an attractive remuneration package, career development opportunities and excellent working environment.
Closing date: Applications should reach the undersigned not later than 4.00 pm on Friday, 16th August 2019..
Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank,
4th Floor Acacia Estates Building, Plot 84 Kinondoni Road,
P.O. Box 63372, 14109 DAR ES SALAAM