- Leadership,motivation and people management skills;
- Strong written and communication skills with ability to write documentation in a concise and focused style;
- High developed Computer skills.
Offer ended on September 30, 2018
The successful candidate will be responsible for maintenance of books of accounts, financial reporting and all back office operations. He/She will supervise the financial budgeting process and reporting, payment to suppliers, disbursement of loans as well as formulation of controls to safeguard the financial resources of the bank.
- Co-ordinate budgeting exercise including production of regular budget report and budgetary control;
- Supervise the division and monitor financial information on a daily basis to ensure that accounting records are accurately and properly prepared and maintained;
- Advise the company on tax matters i.e. VAT, corporate tax, PAYE, withholding tax, to ensure statutory compliance and prepare the relevant monthly/annual returns;
- Provide support to the Treasury and Funding Directorate when assessing funding requirements and managing cash on a daily basis including investing the excess funds and managing minimum requirements;
- Prepare quarterly, bi-annual and annual statutory accounts in line with accepted accounting standards and liaises with external statutory auditors;
- Supervise disbursement of loans to borrowers approved by the bank;
- Design and implement internal financial controls;
- Supervise the auditing of the bank’s financial statements done by the external statutory auditors;
- Monitor cash requirements/position;
- Preparation of all statutory and regulatory reports in line with accepted accounting standards;
- Provide guidance to the Management on issues pertaining to accounting as well as financial and regulatory reporting;
- Review work performance of staff in the Directorate including their development and welfare in line with the bank’s policies and objectives;
- Perform any other related duties as assigned by the Managing Director from time to time.
- Master’s Degree/Postgraduate qualifications in Accounts, Commerce, Economics or related discipline;
- Internationally recognized accounting qualification such as ACCA, ACA, and CPA (T);
- Minimum of 8 years relevant experience of which 4 must be in a senior position covering Finance and Administration in a commercial bank or similar banking/or related financial institution;
- Ability to analyse and interpret financial statements and make recommendations;
Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank,
3rd Floor Acacia Estates Building,
Plot 84 – 14109 Kinondoni Road,
P.O. Box 63372, DAR ES SALAAM.