Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank Limited is an equal opportunity employer. The bank offers an attractive remuneration package, career development opportunities and excellent working environment.
Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank,
4th Floor Acacia Estates Building, Plot 84 Kinondoni Road,
P.O. Box 63372, 14109 DAR ES SALAAM.
For further information, please visit the Bank’s website:
Qualified candidates should apply in writing to or lodge their applications at the address shown below, enclosing:
- Application letter showing how they meet the requirements of the position;
- An up-to-date Curriculum Vitae;
- Contacts stating name in full, physical address, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of the candidate;
- Certified copies of relevant certificates
- Names and full contacts of three (3) referees.
Offer ended on March 14, 2019
The successful candidate will report to the Managing Director. He/she will be responsible for supporting the Managing Director in achieving his objectives, which include the development and execution of the strategic agenda and driving key initiatives whilst balancing strategy, financial performance, people & talent, risk management, business conduct, governance and stakeholder management.
- Play a leading role in the development of the strategic agenda and help drive its execution;
- Coordinate, prepare and create strategic reviews and business plans on a regular basis;
- Assist in the delivery of the management agenda taking the lead to identify and drive initiatives designed to build the business, improve financial performance, balance sheet management, operating efficiency, risk and people management;
- Identify and address the top issues/opportunities for performance improvement across the team.Business Planning & Support
Finance & Reporting
- Assist in the annual revenue/cost budget and forecasting process;
- Provide financial analysis as required;
- Work with Management to maintain a rigorous cost and investment discipline across the Bank;
- Develop & maintain an effective MIS and reporting cycle to monitor business momentum and to pro-actively highlight potential issues;
- Develop & maintain regular reports (i.e. Monthly and Quarterly Reports, etc.)
People & Talent
- Support development and execution of people plans and HR priorities across the Bank;
- Support in the development of succession plans that identify gaps in the bench-strength, subsequently implementing action plans to ensure ready-now talent is available;
- Drive an environment of collaboration, both within the team and across the Bank, to ensure issues are raised and blockages are resolved in a timely manner.
Risk Management & Audit Control & Governance
- Assist the MD in pro-actively identifying and mitigating risks;
- Work closely with the business heads to manage and improve the risk & compliance environment;
- Play a leading role in Audit Socialization;
- Source evidence showing appropriate risk measures are in place;
- Work with the Head of Audit to track relevant audit issues and appropriate management actions and ensure closure within a timely manner;
- Develop Monthly GCC Risk Updates and highlight issues in a timely manner when appropriate.
Control & Governance
- Be responsible for maintaining a strong and appropriate control environment;
- Assist the MD to drive improvement of the governance environment;
- Act to minimize operational loss and audit failures, ensure appropriate focus on issues and resolutions and ensure lessons learnt are addressed;
- Support business and Operational Risk to ensure appropriate focus on High Risk and Very High Risk issues raised and other material risks raised in our various clusters they are properly mitigated ensuring appropriate escalation where appropriate;
- Ensure the appropriate governance for committee meetings is in place and highlight issues in a timely manner when appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree/Postgraduate qualifications in Economics, Business Administration, Agricultural Economics, Finance, Accounts, Human Resources,Public Administration, or related discipline;
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in reputable company or financial institution;
- Bank industry experience;
- Management skills and experience;
- Presentation skills;
- Excellent and well developed interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Leadership, motivation and people management skills;
- Strong written and communication skills with ability to write reports in a concise and focused style;
- Must be a team player, very self-motivated and able to manage and prioritize work load with minimum supervision;
- Highly developed computer skills;